Aurelio (Al) Muzaurieta
BA, RVT, R NCS T, CNCT
Allied Healthcare Provider
Neurophysiology Technologist and Technical Director
Direct telephone number: 904-631-2669
Office number: 904-737-5792
Fax number: 904-677-7873
Mr. Al Muzaurieta is the Technical Director of Neurodiagnostic Technologies (NeuroDx) and is a board certified neurodiagnostic and vascular
technologist. Mr. Muzaurieta provides neurodiagnostic services directly under the supervision of board certified physicians with specialized
training in Neurology/Neurophysiology and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Mr. Muzaurieta holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Miami, College of Arts and Sciences. Thereafter, he completed graduate-level
training in the Business Administration (MBA) Program at the University of Miami’s School of Business.
After college, he served as a faculty member and administrator at several technical colleges and universities in New York and Florida. His initial technical education
in neurodiagnostics was completed at the Neurodiagnsotic Training Center of Tampa, Florida. Thereafter, he participated in on-the-job training
under the supervisions of specialized physicians and completed several postgraduate allied health educational programs.
In 1990, he co-founded Neurodiagnostic Technologies with Dr. David F. Scales. Over the years, several convenient NeuroDx lab locations were successfully opened throughout the greater Jacksonville area. Mr. Muzaurieta personally performs neurodiagnostic studies at multiple locations throughout
greater Jacksonville, Florida.
- Neurodiagnostics at Neurodiagnostic Training Center of Tampa, Florida.
- Intraoperative Monitoring at Duke University Medical Center (Erwin Program) in Durham, North Carolina.
- Evoked Potentials in Clinical Neurophysiology at Harvard Medical School (Chiappa Program) in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Electoencephalography at the University of Michigan Medical center (Head Program) in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Electromyography and Electroencephalography in Clinical Practice at Mayo Clinic School of Continuing Medical Education in
- Neurovascular (carotid and transcranial) and Peripheral Vascular Doppler/ultrasound imaging at the Bowman Grey School of Medicine
of Wake Forest University (Center for Medical Ultrasound Program) in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Diagnostic Ultrasound at Thomas Jefferson University’s Ultrasounds Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Nerve Conduction Studies/Neurophysiology (CNCT): American Boad of Electrodiagnostic Medicine. AANEM Certificate #186
- Electroneurodiagnostics (R NCS T): Passed, American Association of Electrodiagnostic Technologists three-part exam – written,
technical, and oral. AAET Certification #462
- Sonography (RVT): Passed, American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography three-part-exam – Ultrasound Physics and Instrumentation,
Physical Principles and Instrumentation, and Vascular Technology. ARDMS #57127
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (#35509)
- American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (#2667)
- American Association of Electrodiagnostic Technologists (#462)
- Neurodiagnostic Technologies Florida Clinic license: HCC 10046 / Certificate #32725
- NeuroDx is an accredited laboratory by the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine (FL006)